Lamb Meatballs with Harissa and Feta
If you are looking for a way to spice up your meatballs then you are in the right place! My lamb meatballs are baked with harissa and feta for a spicy kick full of flavour. They can be made ahead of time, so perfect for meal prep or an easy weeknight meal.
Servings 20 meatballs
For the lamb meatballs
- 26 oz ground lamb mince 750g
- 1/2 large white onion finely diced or 1 small onion
- 5 oz crumbled feta 150g
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp harissa
- salt and pepper to taste
For one meatball wrap
- 3 lamb meatballs
- 1 soft tortilla
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 0.5 cup Arugula Rocket
- 1 tbsp Tzatziki
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp cilantro finely chopped
In a large bowl, add all of the meatball ingredients. Add a good sprinkle of salt and pepper - the lamb can take it!
Mix all the ingredients with your hands for a couple of minutes until everything is well combined.
Take larger than golf sized pieces of the mixture and lightly roll them in to balls in your hands. The meatballs will shrink during cooking, so roll them a little larger than you want.
Place the meatballs in the fridge for 20 minutes (or up to 2 days) to let them set.
Preheat the oven to 180ºc
When ready to cook, line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the meatballs on it. Leave some room between the meatballs
Cook the meatballs in the oven for 30-40 minutes until they are nice and brown with a little crisp.
Nutritional value based on 1 of 20 servings and is an approximation.
- Adjust the amount of harissa to your taste. Check how spicy the harissa is first though as it can vary in spiciness.
- Be sure to let the meatballs sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before cooking them.
- To store the meatballs, let them cool to room temperature and place in an airtight container. They will last in the fridge for around 3 to 4 days.
- You can also freeze the meatballs. Freeze them on a baking tray first and then store in freezer bags. Defrost in the fridge
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 0.9mg