Roasted Jalapeno Guacamole
Roasted Jalapeno Guacamole is an easy Mexican side dish and dip. Low carb, healthy and with a mild spice. This is the best guacamole recipe out there!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 jalapenos
- 3 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 to 3 tbsp cilantro (coriander)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Pre heat the oven to 200ºc / 390ºf
Put the jalapenos on to a baking tray and put in the pre heated oven for around 15 mins until they have softened.
Meanwhile, cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. add the lemon and lime juice and mash until you have the desired consistency.
Add the cilantro, salt and pepper to the avocado and mix well.
When the jalapeno are ready carefully (they are hot!) cut the stems off, open them up and de-seed them. Finely chop the jalapenos and mix into the guacamole.
- Use the freshest ingredients you can for the best tasting guacamole.
- Taste the guacamole as you are making it and adjust the salt and pepper as necessary.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and keep covered to prevent browning.
- If you aren't able to lay your hands on fresh jalapenos, you can use the jarred ones. Just chop finely and stir into the guac.
- Nutritional values are based on 1 of 4 servings and are an approximation.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 766mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.9mg