Chocolate Pots with a Pretzel Topping
Indulgent chocolate pots, topped off with crunchy pretzel peices
Prep Time 15 minutes
Chilling time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 3 small, or 2 large pots
For the chocolate base
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate minimum 75% cocoa (100g)
- 3.5 ounces cream cheese (100g)
- 1.75 ounces sugar (50g)
- 2.1 ounces whipping cream (60ml)
- white chocolate pretzels
- white chocolate wafers
Slowly melt the chocolate, and set to one side to let it cool slightly
In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the caster sugar until combined
In a bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks have formed
Once the chocolate has cooled, pour it into the whipped cream and combine well, then fold in the cream cheese mixture. It should be one even colour.
Spoon the mixture into glasses, and smooth down with the back of a teaspoon. Put in the fridge for at least 30minutes to set
Put the pretzels into a food processor and mix until you have a crumb and place into a bowl.
In a pan, slowly melt the butter and pour this onto the pretzel crumbs. mix well and place in the fridge until ready to serve
To serve, place half of the pretzel crumbs over each pot and decorate with white chocolate pretzels and wafers.
Nutritional values are based on one of three servings and are an approximation.
- To make these chocolate pots gluten free, simply use gluten free pretzels.
- If you don't have an electric whisk to whip the cream you can do it by hand, it will take about 4 minutes with some elbow grease!
- Fold the chocolate mixture, don't stir it so that you keep as much air in the cream as possible.
- Let the pots set for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before adding the pretzel topping.
- The chocolate pots will keep in the fridge for two days.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.9mg