White Wine Marinated Steak
Simple, easy and hands down delicious, this white wine marinated steak is perfect for date night.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 10oz ribeye steaks (around 300g each)
- 2 cups white wine I used Yalumba’s Y Series Viognier (475ml)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Combine the wine, oil, garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl or container.
Place the steak in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Pre heat the oven to 275F / 135c.
Place the steak in a small baking tin and place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. For medium rare, the steak should register at 90-95F / 32-35c. Once done, remove the steak from the oven.
Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan with the butter and place on a high heat.
Once hot, place the steak in the pan. Cook on one side for 2 minutes.
Flip the steak over and cook for another 2 minutes whilst basting the top side of the steak with the fat in the pan.
Remove the steak, let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
- Marinate the steak for between 2 and 8 hours for the best flavor. You can marinate it for less time if you are in a rush, but the flavors won't be as pronounced.
- Make sure that the steak is fully covered in the white wine marinade. You may need slightly more or slightly less depending on the thickness of your steaks.
- Let the steak come up to room temperature before placing it in the oven.
- When you sear the steak, have the pan as hot as you can to get those perfect crispy bits. Start heating the pan just before you take the steak out of the oven so it's hot when you are ready to sear.
- Let the steak rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy and drink responsibly!
- Nutritional values are based on one of two servings and are an estimate only.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 1341mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg