BLT Chicken Avocado Salad
Seasoned baked chicken and fresh avocados on a fresh and tasty BLT salad with a creamy burger inspired dressing. This is no ordinary salad! This BLT chicken avocado salad is hearty and healthy, and so easy to make.
Servings 3 servings
For the chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the salad
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 11 ounces cherry tomatoes (310g) halved
- 2 avocados sliced
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (can use apple cider or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 390F / 200c.
Season the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub all over with your hands.
Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the chicken breasts on both sides to brown, 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes until cooked through. Allow to rest.
While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon if not done already.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Add the chopped lettuce and sliced tomatoes to a large bowl and crumble in the bacon. Toss together.
Place the sliced avocado on top.
Slice the cooked chicken breasts and place on top.
Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Take care not to overcook the chicken. Use an instant read thermometer to get it nice and tender. It should be removed from the oven when it hits 165F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing it so that the juices redistribute.
- The chicken can be warm or cold when added to the salad.
- The dressing and cooked chicken and bacon can be made ahead of time. It's best not to add the avocado and dressing til you are ready to serve.
Calories: 698kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 31g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 761mg | Potassium: 1290mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1584IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg