Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast (Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe)
Wrapped in bacon, this turkey breast is cooked to perfection in the air fryer, it is wonderfully flavored and deliciously juicy.
Servings 4 servings
For the brine
- 6 cups water
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- sprigs of fresh herbs like rosemary, sage and thyme
To brine the turkey breast
Place the ingredients for the brine in a large bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar.
Add the turkey breast to the brine, ensuring that it is fully covered by the water. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
Making and cooking the turkey breast
Preheat the air fryer to 360F.
Remove the turkey breast from the brine and pat dry.
In a small bowl, combine the pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and oil.
Use your hands to rub the seasoning mix all over the turkey breast to coat.
Wrap the bacon strips around the breast, ensuring that it is all covered.
Place the turkey breast in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 360F.
After 20 minutes, lower the temperature to 300F and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes until the turkey reaches and internal temperature of 160F.
Remove from the air fryer and let rest under foil for 15 minutes before carving and serving.
- Make sure that the turkey breast is fully submerged in the brine, use more water if needed.
- A basic brine for turkey is made using a ration of 1 cup of water to 1 tablespoon of salt, so adjust as necessary. You can add additional aromatics to the brine for more flavor.
- I found that the best results were when the turkey was cooked at two different temperatures in the air fryer. Hotter at first to crisp up the bacon, then turned down to a lower temperature to gently cook the turkey through.
- Different air fryer models can run to different times. Be sure to use an instant read thermometer to make sure that it is fully cooked.
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 73g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 5mg