Air Fryer Loaded Potato Skins
Making loaded potato skins is so quick and easy in the air fryer. Perfect for a crowd pleasing game day appetizer, load them up with sour cream, bacon and green onions for on tasty bite!
Servings 4 potato skins
- 2 potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (40g) (or as much as you like!)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 strips bacon (cooked)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
Preheat your air fryer to 390F.
Wash the potatoes and use your hands to rub oil all over them and sprinkle with salt.
Bake in the air fryer at 390F for 35 to 40 minutes until tender.
Once cooked, remove the potatoes form the air fryer and let them cool slightly so that you can handle them.
Cut them in half horizontally. Score a line just inside the flesh as a guide and then scoop out the middles. Take care to leave some flesh so that the skins don't collapse.
Seasoned the potato skins with salt and pepper and divide the shredded cheese into the skins.
Place back in the air fryer basket and cook at 360F for 4 to 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and has started to bubble and brown.
Top with sour cream, cooked bacon bits and sliced green onions to serve.
- Use your hands to rub oil over the potatoes before baking them. This will help them to crisp up.
- Cooking times can vary depending on your model of air fryer and how large the potatoes are.
- Cook the potato skins in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked through by using a skewer to pierce the skin, they should be tender.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 284IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg