Roasted Parsnips with Parmesan and Truffle
These roasted parsnips with parmesan and thyme are finished with truffle oil for a flavorful, restaurant quality side dish for the holidays.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 parsnips
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup parmesan (90g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
Pre-heat the oven to 430ºf / 220ºc.
Trim the tops and bottoms of the parsnips, peel them and slice in half lengthways so they are roughly all the same size.
Place the parsnips in a large bowl and add the olive oil and parmesan. Mix well with your hands so that the parsnips are covered.
Place the parsnips on a baking sheet and spoon over any of the cheese that is left in the bowl.
Place in the oven and cook for around 40 minutes until they are fork tender.
Remove form the oven, drizzle over the truffle oil and serve.
- Select similar sized parsnips and half them so they are roughly the same size so that the cook evenly.
- Freshly grated parmesan is by far and away the best choice for this dish, pre-grated can cause the finished dish to become slightly grainy.
- Spread the parsnips out on the baking try so that they aren't touching, this helps them to get really crispy.
- Keep your eye on the parsnips as they cook, if the ends start to brown too quickly cover them in foil and continue to cook.
- Drizzle the truffle oil over the parsnips just before serving.
- Nutritional values are an approximation only and are based on one of 6 servings.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1mg