Coffee Smoothie with Banana and Oats
This breakfast coffee smoothie is made with oats and banana and is a high protein and fiber drink. Perfect for a quick and healthy breakfast and can be made with instant or brewed coffee.
Servings 1 large smoothie or 2 smaller ones
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Use a frozen banana for this smoothie. Using a frozen banana eliminates the need for need for ice which can water down the smoothie.
- Use over ripe bananas. Smoothies are a great way of using up bananas, if you have bananas that are about to go off, pop the in the freezer and they are great to grab for a smoothie. Over ripe bananas have more natural sweetness as well as more antioxidants.
- Use warm or cold coffee: You can used brewed coffee or instant, but let it cool before adding it to the mixer, it shouldn't be boiling hot. If you are in a hurry pop it in the freezer for a few minutes or make it ahead of time.
- If you do make the smoothie ahead of time, give it a good stir before drinking it because the ingredients may have settled and separated.
- Optional add ins: If you want to amp your coffee smoothie up a another notch, try adding 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder or a couple of tablespoons of coconut flakes.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 1050mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 471IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 2mg