Mornings got a whole lot tastier with these delicious peach pancakes. This classic fluffy American buttermilk pancake recipe is stuffed full of peaches and topped with whipped cream for a tasty breakfast or brunch.
Servings 2 servings (makes 4 pancakes)
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (100g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk (180ml)
- 1 can peach slices (13.4oz) (398ml)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- whipped cream
- peach slices
Chop most of the tinned peaches into chunks. You will want 1 cup.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg and buttermilk.
Add the wet mixture to the dry and combine with a whisk until just combined.
Fold in 1 cup of chopped peaches.
Heat the oil in a skillet on a medium to high heat.
Once hot, add in about ¾ of a ladle of the pancake mixture.
Cook for a few minutes until the batter starts to bubble and flip over.
Cook until the bottom is solid and remove from the pan. Repeat for the other pancakes.
Serve immediately with whipped cream and the leftover peach slices.
- Take care not to over mix the batter. The dry ingredients should be just combines and the batter should still be lumpy. If you over mix them they won't rise and be nice and fluffy.
- Don't have the skillet to hot when you cook the batter. If it's too hot the outsides will brown too quickly and the middle won't be cooked.
- If making ahead of time, let the pancakes cool completely before storing them.
- This recipe is easily doubled if you are feeding more people.
- Nutritional values are an estimate only.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 842IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg