Stuffed Chocolate French Toast
Breakfast never tasted so good! This delicious and indulgent stuffed chocolate French toast is easy to make and ready to serve in less than 20 minutes. Soft and sweet brioche bread is stuffed with Nutella and coated with cocoa powder, it's a must have brunch recipe for all my chocolate lovers!
Servings 2 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (salted or unsalted)
- Toppings of choice: Chocolate chips, fresh berries, whipping cream, maple syrup
Heat the oil an butter in a large skillet on a medium heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cocoa powder, milk and brown sugar.
Spread the Nutella on each slice of bread and then make two sandwiches.
Place the sandwiches in the egg mix for 20 seconds and then flip over for another 20 - 30 seconds. Cover the sides in the mixture.
Place the sandwiches in the hot skillet and cook on both sides until crispy and golden brown (about 5 to 8 minutes).
Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Don't add too much Nutella to each piece of bread or it will ooze out when it cooks. About a tablespoon on each side will do the trick.
- Don't have the skillet on too high a heat or you will burn the bread.
- Don't press down and flatten the bread while it is cooking to keep it nice and light and fluffy.
- It's best eaten straight away, but leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge and reheated in the oven.
Calories: 735kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1014IU | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 3mg