Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta
Easy and delicious, this creamy chicken and mushroom pasta is topped with bacon and ready to serve in 30 minutes. Everything comes together all in one skillet and it's such perfect comfort food full of flavor.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms (225g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (double or whipping cream)
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 8 ounces pasta of choice (2 cups / 225g)
- cooked bacon bits optional
Cook the pasta according to instructions and drain.
Heat the oil in a skillet on a medium high heat.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet until cooked through and browned, about 10 minutes in each side.
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Cook the garlic and onions in the skillet until the onions start to soften.
Stir in the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the mushrooms have cooked down.
Add in the heavy cream and stir in the parmesan. Bring to a simmer while stirring.
Cut the chicken into strips and stir them in.
Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, stir to combine, top with bacon pieces and serve.
- Make sure that the chicken is fully cooked through before removing it from the skillet.
- If you want to add the bacon to this dish, you can cook it in the oven while you are making the rest of the recipe. Cook bacon at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook right down before adding the cream for the best flavor.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 1mg