Marinated Feta Cheese
Perfect to serve as an appetizer or a great way to add interest to a salad. Marinated in extra virgin olive oil, lemon, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
Servings 6 servings (recipe is for an 8oz jar)
- 10 ounces feta cheese cut into cubes (280g)
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not in oil) (30g)
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 4 dried chilis
- 2 garlic cloves cut in half
- 2 to 2 ¼ cups extra virgin olive oil (450 - 500ml)
- juice of 1 lemon
At the bottom of the jar, add about half of the tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, chillis and garlic cloves.
Put half of the feta cubes on top, then add the other half of the tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, chillis and garlic cloves on top of that. Fill the rest of the jar with the feta.
Top up the jar with the olive oil, so that the feta is covered. Squeeze in the lemon juice, seal, and put in the fridge.
Let the feta marinade for at least 4 hours.
Nutritional value based on 1 of 6 servings
- Quality of ingredients is really important for in this recipe. High quality feta and olive oil are must haves and use fresh herbs and lemon juice.
- Let the feta marinate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Make the recipe in a sealable glass jar.
- The marinated feta will keep in the fridge for around 3-4 weeks if stored properly.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 540mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 1mg