Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Lemon
These sautéed Brussels sprouts with cranberries are an easy to make vegetable side dish that's perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Pan fried on the stovetop with dried cranberries and lemon for a quick and flavorful side.
Servings 4 to 6 servings
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts (454g)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- 5.3 ounces dried cranberries (150g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 stick salted butter (2 ounces / 55g)
Trim the bottoms off of the sprouts and then slice thinly or put through a food processor with the slicing attachment.
Add the sliced sprouts, lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper, cranberries and olive oil to a large bowl and combine.
Place a skillet on a medium high heat and melt half of the butter. Once melted, add half of the sprout mixture and turn the heat to high. Stir the sprouts while cooking for about 3 - 4 minutes until softened but still a vibrant green.
Transfer to a plate. Melt the rest of the butter in the skillet, add the sprouts and cook.
- Use small Brussels sprouts - they tend to be less bitter, and organic if possible.
- If cutting the sprouts by hand, slice them thinly.
- Use the slicing tool on a food processor to prep the sprouts quickly.
- If you use unsalted butter to sauté the sprouts, add a little more salt to the sprouts before cooking.
- It's best to cook the sprouts in two batches, you don't want to over crowd the skillet.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg