Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Ricotta & Stilton
Simple and easy to make, these vegetarian stuffed portobello mushrooms are loaded with a tangy ricotta and blue cheese mix. Perfect to serve as an appetizer or side dish.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- ⅓ cup of stilton (⅓ cup / 50g)
- ½ cup ricotta (3½ ounces / 100g)
- 1 teaspoon dijon or English mustard - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- salt & pepper
Pre heat oven to 390F / 200c.
In a bowl, crumble in the stilton and mix in the ricotta, mustard and parsley. Combine together until you get an even mixture. In another bowl combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
Clean the mushrooms and remove the stalk and push them with a little olive oil. Spread 1 tsp of the tomato puree over the inside of each of the mushrooms.
Spoon the ricotta mixture on to the mushrooms (pile it high!) and sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan on top. sprinkle over a little olive oil.
Pop in the oven for 20mins. Then place under the broiler (grill) for a few minutes to brown the tops.
- Clean the mushrooms with a wet cloth so that they don't take on too much water. You can also peel the skin off of the mushrooms if you prefer.
- Nutritional values are based on one of two servings.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 666IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 451mg | Iron: 2mg