Here is a super simple and quick recipe for stuffed mushrooms that you can knock up as a starter in less than 20mins. It’s full of oozy, cheesy goodness with a little tang of mustard.
Stuffed mushrooms are such a classic appetiser, and it’s easy to tell why – the earthy flavour of the mushrooms mixed with that gooey cheese, oh, and did I mention they only take 20minutes to make?!
You can prep these stuffed mushrooms ahead of time, and serve with some rocket leaves as a pretty starter for a dinner party, or why not serve as a side with a steak.
Looking for more appetisers? Check out my Crispy Chicken Satay!
An easy appetiser that takes less than 20minutes to make!
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 75 g of stilton
- 200 g ricotta
- a couple of sprigs of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200º.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stalk and push them with a little olive oil. Spread 1 tsp of the tomato puree over the inside of each of the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, crumble in the stilton and mix in the ricotta, mustard and parsley. Combine together until you get an even mixture. In another bowl combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture on to the mushrooms (pile it high!) and sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan on top. sprinkle over a little olive oil.
- Pop in the oven for 10mins. If you need to, pop under the grill for a few minutes to brown the top.
Calories are an approximation based on one serving