Bacon Wrapped Sweet Jalapeno Poppers
These sweet jalapeno peppers are packed full of salty, spicy and sweet flavours to make your tastebuds tingle! Move over jalapeno poppers, there's a new party food in town!
Servings 10 poppers
- 5 jalapenos
- a pinch of cracked black pepper
- 5 oz soft cream cheese 150g
- 3.5 oz blueberry jam 100g
- 1.75 oz shredded cheese 50g
- 5 strips bacon
Pre heat the oven to 400ºf / 200ºc
Cut the jalapenos in half lengthways and deseed
In a bowl, mix together the soft cheese, black pepper, jam and shredded cheese
Using a spoon, fill the jalapeno halves with the cheese mixture.
Cut the bacon rashers in half, and wrap a piece around each jalapeno
Place the wrapped jalapenos on to a bacon try and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the bacon is cooked
- Use a good quality bacon, one with not tonnes of added ingredients.
- Omit the bacon to make these vegetarian - they will still be delicious I promise!
- Use a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds of the jalapenos.
- Cook the jalapeno poppers in a pre-heated oven to get the bacon nice and crispy.
- Serve immediately!
- If making ahead of time, follow instructions up to wrapping in bacon, and then store covered in the fridge for up to 6 hours.
- Nutritional values are based on one of ten poppers and are an estimate only.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.2mg