Last Updated on by
These sweet jalapeno peppers are packed full of salty, spicy and sweet flavours to make your tastebuds tingle! Move over jalapeno poppers, there’s a new party food in town!
Jalapeno poppers with a twist
Jalapeno poppers are one of my go to party foods, what’s not to love about them?! I’ve wanted to do a blog post for ages, but there are so many recipes out there! There are bacon wrapped, barbecued, deep fried, breaded….the list goes on! I got the idea for adding sweetness to this classic party food when I made my Blueberry Grilled Cheese (if you haven’t tried it yet I strongly recommend you do!), that balance of salty, sweet and spicy is just divine!
Sweet Jalapeno Peppers are for perfect for make ahead party food
Not only are my sweet jalapeno peppers tasty as hell, they are also super easy to make, with just a handful of ingredients. These little beauties are also perfect for when you are entertaining as you can make them ahead of time. Stuff the peppers and wrap them with the bacon, then pop them in the fridge until you are ready. Just pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes before you serve. Fuss free hosting!
How hot is a jalapeno pepper?
I love spicy foods, but often think I can handle a bit more heat than I really can and i’m left reaching for the milk! Jalapeno peppers are spicy, but they are super mild, even those who can’t stand spicy food will be able to manage these! They give more of a buzz of heat rather than am all consuming ‘I’m on fire’ type of heat! You can read more about the spice of different peppers in this article I found.
Are sweet jalapeno peppers healthy?
Now, I’m not going to tell you that my sweet jalapenos, that are stuffed full of jam and cheese, are healthy for you, but they are low in carbs and one popper comes in at around 70 calories. They are perfect party food, so you can happily enjoy a couple pretty guilt free!
Sweet Jalapeno Peppers
- 5 jalapenos
- a pinch of cracked black pepper
- 5 oz soft cream cheese 150g
- 3.5 oz blueberry jam 100g
- 1.75 oz shredded cheese 50g
- 5 bacon rashers
- Pre heat the oven to 400ºf / 200ºc
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthways and deseed
- In a bowl, mix together the soft cheese, black pepper, jam and shredded cheese
- Using a spoon, fill the jalapeno halves with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the bacon rashers in half, and wrap a piece around each jalapeno
- Place the wrapped jalapenos on to a bacon try and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the bacon is cooked
- Serve immediately