Last Updated on January 26, 2018 by Slow The Cook Down
This week, the lovely Deb from Bowl me over is sharing her awesome Turkey Meatballs with us! Thanks for sharing Deb, I was drooling when I read the recipe!!
Thank you so much for the opportunity to share a recipe with your audience Betty! Hi everyone my name is Deb and I blog at Bowl Me Over. On my blog I share delicious recipes that often end up in a bowl (hence the name Bowl Me Over).
When I began researching what recipe to make and share, I read Betty’s A little Bit About Me page. As I read her story, I giggled and laughed and realized how much we have in common, even though we are thousands of miles apart!
Like Betty I often cook with a glass of wine in my hand. Laughter is a staple in my house and I never take myself too seriously! And we both love good food!
Since fall is here and winter is right around the corner I thought it would be timely to share a great comfort food recipe. The recipe I’m sharing with you is delicious and easy – Turkey Meatballs!
Baked in the oven, rather than fried they are slow cooked goodness. Perfect for a lazy Saturday night, but delicious enough for company! I recently served these to my folks when they were visiting a few weeks ago and they absolutely loved them!
They are so easy to make, here is what you’ll need ~
- frozen spinach
- bread crumbs
You’ll combine the above ingredients, mixing them well but being careful not to over-mix (that will make the meatballs tough).
Using a small ice-cream scoop portion them out and shape them into balls and place on a pan sprayed with non-stick coating.
Under the broiler they go for about twelve minutes. When they are done, they can be served several ways – with a pile of noodles, tucked into a sandwich, or my favorite way – bake them smothered in Mom’s Sunday Gravy topped with cheese!
Bathed in sauce, topped with cheese, covered baked in the oven – WOW! This and a some delicious crusty bread and a great red wine! That is foodie perfection and a fabulous meal!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! For more yummy recipes, I’d be honored if you visit my website www.bowl-me-over.com where I love sharing delicious meals like Pasta Primavera or a great Ramen Bowl. However I occasionally throw in something delicious like this amazing Blueberry Cobbler – because life is all about balance, right? ?
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 quart Mom's Sunday Gravy or your favorite Marinara Sauce
- Preheat broiler
- Combine the above ingredients, mixing them well but being careful not to over-mix.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop portion them out and shape them into balls and place on a pan sprayed with non-stick coating.
- Broil for 10-12 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked thru. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
- Remove from the oven and change the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the pasta sauce to the bottom of a large skillet. Add the meatballs to the pan, top with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Debra Clark blogs over at Bowl Me Over where she shares her love of all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, ice cream – you name it! All are delicious and full of flavor. Most are quick, easy and healthy too!