Now I know that burgers aren't typically festive, but this is my blog and my rules! This Christmas Dinner Burger is perfect fodder to get you into the holiday spirit, with all of your favourite flavours of a Christmas dinner packed neatly in a bun.
Lets start from the bottom...
The turkey patty is well season and is smuggling some tasty brie in it, that is then topped off with a thin layer of stuffing. A generous splodge of cranberry sauce is layered with some crunchy parsnip crisps and then smothered in some sprout slaw. All nestled within a lightly toasted brioche bun.
I'm not sure about you guys, but I rarely have turkey on Christmas day, there are just tastier meats to be having! So this Christmas Dinner burger will give you that festive fix you need.
In this recipe I have used my Cranberry Sauce with Port and Orange because it gives a really nice richness to the burger, but of course, you can use shop brought if you are short on time.
To cook the turkey patties, I baked them in small pie tins. This not only helps them keep their shape, but also stops all of the melting brie from escaping and keeps them juicy. I also used chef rings to form the stuffing, mainly for neatness, you can of course mould with your hands if you don't have any.
Every bite of this Christmas Dinner Burger is full of rich and tasty goodness. And, if you are having turkey for Christmas dinner, you can make this burger with any leftovers, just substitute the burger patty for cold cut slices. Winner winner, turkey dinner!
Christmas Dinner Burger
- 17.5 ounces turkey mince (500g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 8.8 ounces brie diced (250g)
- 1 parsnip
- sprinkle of grated parmesan
- 2.8 ounces sage and onion dry stuffing mix (80g)
- 4.4 ounces sprouts (125g)
- 1 carrot
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 brioche buns
- cranberry sauce
- Put the turkey mince into a bowl and add the salt, pepper, herbs, onion salt and brie. Using your hands mix together well. Take 4 individual pie tins, divide the turkey mixture evenly and press down. Put in the fridge until needed.
- Pre heat the oven to 220º.
- Peel the parsnip, and using a mandolin or veg peeler, slice into long strips. Place on a lined baking tray and sprinkle over a little olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan. Put in to the oven for about 15 minutes, turning over half way, until they are crispy. Take out and let cool.
- Make up the dry stuffing mix according to instructions, and divide the mixtures in to chefs rings. Follow instructions on packet, but cook for around 15-20 minutes until nice and crispy. Leave to one side to cool.
- Turn oven down to 180º.
- Take the turkey patties from the fridge and put in the oven. They will take about 30minutes to cook through.
- To make the sprout slaw, thinly slice the sprouts and carrots into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix well.
- When ready, remove the turkey patties from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Build the burgers - patty, stuffing, cranberry sauce, parsnips, sprout slaw. Serve and enjoy!
Wow! I'm totally having this on Christmas now, or even the day after Thanksgiving! Perfectly festive!