Last Updated on by
Continuing with the theme of a healthy January (ha ha!) I cooked this as an easy mid-week meal. This Crunchy Baked Cod is super quick, healthy and oh so tasty – get some goodness in to your life!
The recipe for the red pesto makes twice as much as you need, keep in covered in the fridge and use with pasta for another quick dinner, or instead of baked cod, why not try baked pollock or hake?
Perfect for a quick, easy and healthy dinner, this baked cod is your perfect weeknight meal.
This is a tasty and fresh tasting dish. Serve with fresh veg for healthy, tummy filling meal, or be a bit naughty and serve with my Baked Herb & Chilli Chips.
Be sure to check out these other baked fish recipes!
I love hearing from you!! If you have tried this yummy roasted chicken, be sure to scroll down, give it a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Crunchy Baked Cod with Red Pesto
- 2 cod fillets skinless and boneless
- 10.5 ounces cherry tomatoes (300g)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.9 ounces parmesan (25g)
- 1.4 ounces pine nuts (40g)
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- Handful of fine breadcrumbs
- pre heat the oven to 180ºc
- Slice the tomatoes in half and and put on a baking tray, cut side up. Put a bit of oil onto the red pepper and place on the baking tray. Sprinkle the salt and sugar over the cut tomatoes and pop in the oven for 20mins. Take them out and leave them to cool slightly.
- Once cooler, remove the stalk and seeds from the pepper (you can keep the skin on) and put in a blender. Add in the tomatoes, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic. Blend until it is broken down.
- Lay the fillets of cod on a baking tray, and put a couple of tablespoons of the red pesto over the top. Spread evenly over the fillets, don't overload them. Sprinkle on the breadcrumbs to cover the sauce and pop in the oven for 15mins. Pop them under the grill or use a blowtorch to brown the tops if needed.