Last Updated on October 5, 2019 by Slow The Cook Down
This is one of my favourite go to recipes for a tasty make a head lunch. I won't lie, the hero of this dish really is the honey & mustard marinated chicken recipe, after all, it doesn't take a genius to make a nice bed of salad! However, this did give me the chance to test out my new mandolin and make it all look pretty!
Honey & Mustard Marinade for Chicken
Honey & mustard marinade is a classic bedfellow for some tender chicken. It's tangy, sweet and dead easy to make. Time to add a little interest to your dull salad! My marinade leaves you with a really nice thick coating once the chicken is cooked. Make a bigger batch and use it as easy lunch meal prep throughout the week.
Healthy Honey & Mustard Marinated Chicken
If you are like me, healthy eating doesn't always float my boat. But, this honey and mustard marinated chicken is so flavoursome that it will help keep you right on track with all of those good intentions! Load your plate your with wholesome salad and veggies and top with the protein rich marinated chicken and it will keep you satisfied for the rest of the day. If you are looking for something a bit more decadent than salad, why not make an awesome honey and mustard marinated chicken sandwich?!
If you are looking for more salad recipes, why not check
- Trout & Chorizo Potato Salad,
- Halloumi Fries on a Strawberry and Rocket Salad
- Fennel and Apple Coleslaw
- Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Honey & Mustard Marinated Chicken on a Raw Salad
For the chicken:
For the salad
- Few big handfuls of baby spinach
- 8 radishes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ cucumber
- ½ courgette
- handful of walnut halves
- vine cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic and lemon juice. Combine well. Add in the chicken pieces and insure they are well covered in the mixture. Cover in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, to let the flavours develop.
- I used a mandolin to slice the salad ingredients, it looks pretty on the final plate, but of course you can just use a knife. I placed a layer of spinach at the bottom and the layered up the cucumber, radishes and peppers, I sliced the courgettes lengthways to create ribbons (very on trend right now!) and then sprinkled the walnuts over the top to bring in some extra texture.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. No need to add any oil. Place the chicken and all of the marinade into the pan and cook for around 10 minutes until the chicken is ready. Keep stirring so that the honey doesn't stick to the pan.
- Place the chicken on top of the salad and serve up.