Last Updated on by
I don’t really have a sweet tooth, but I do make an exception for a creamy cheesecake! This Baked Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake is the perfect balance between sweet and tangy, and is dead easy to knock up ahead of time. For those of us that are not natural bakers, cheesecake is a great go to dessert to make. Minimal ingredients and prep make this a pretty foolproof recipe!
I’m not a massive fan of overly sweet puddings, so lemon and blueberry are perfect ingredients in a cheesecake for me! The tartness of the lemon perfectly balances with the sugary cheese mixture and the blueberry flavour carries through each bite with a subtle sweetness.
For the base, I decided to mix the go to digestives, with some ginger snap biscuits. This adds another layer of flavour and interest to each bite, and ginger pairs perfectly with the lemon.
If you are looking for another easy dessert that can be made ahead of time, check out my Layered Eton Mess with Summer Fruits, or if you need more cheesecake inspiration, here’s my Savoury Cheesecake with Balsamic Red Onions
Baked Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake
- 100 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g ginger biscuits
- 75 g butter
- 600 g soft cheese
- 250 g caster sugar
- 150 g plain yoghurt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 200 g blueberries
- zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc
- In a bowl, bash the biscuits into fine crumbs. Slowly melt the butter and mix into the biscuits ensuring the crumbs are evenly covered.
- Take a loose bottom, round tin and put the biscuits in the base. Press down (you can use a potato masher for this) to form and even layer. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, then leave to one side.
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese and sugar together. Once it is well mixed, add the yogurt and then slowly add the eggs and mix. Don't use a whisk, as you don't want too much air in the mixture. Add lemon zest, juice and blueberries. Mix again and pour the mixture onto the crunchy biscuit base.
- Pop in the oven for 40-45mins. Let it cool, and serve.