Last Updated on by
My last post was quite a healthy one, so to address the balance, here are my Brunch Potato Skins. If you want some food to help you get over a Saturday night, look no further!
I think that brunch is probably my favourite meal, anything goes and its a great time to catch up with friends. My recipe for brunch potato skins is sure to please your friends while you gossip about the night before!
This recipe combines all the usual suspects of a Great British fry up, but served in a potato skin – and of course with added cheese. You can make the night before and leave covered in the fridge for an easy hangover cure on a Sunday morning. Serve with lashings of red sauce and a strong cup of tea.
Check out these other brunch recipes!
I love hearing from you!! If you have tried this yummy brunch recipe, be sure to scroll down, give it a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Brunch Filled Potato Skins Wrapped in Bacon
- 2 baking potatoes
- 4 pork sausages
- 5.3 ounces mushrooms finely chopped (150g)
- 2 eggs
- 3.5 ounces cream cheese (100g)
- 3.5 ounces strong grated cheddar (100g)
- 4 spring onions (scallions) finely sliced
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped chilli
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220º. Rub the potatoes in a little oil, sprinkle with salt and put in the oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until crispy on the outside. Leave to one side to cool. Keep the oven at 220º.
- In a frying pan, cook the sausages through. Leave to one side. In the same pan, fry the mushrooms for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the potatoes lengthways, and scoop out the insides into a large bowl. You want to leave a thin layer of potato on the skins so they keep their shape. To the flesh, add the eggs and cream cheese, beat together well with a fork until you get a creamy consistency.
- Cut the sausages into small chunks and add to the bowl along with the mushrooms, cheddar, onions, mustard and chilli. Give it another good mix and add a few good pinches of salt and pepper to season.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins - fill them right up! Then wrap two pieces of bacon around each potato half. Put back in the oven for around 30mins until the bacon is crispy.