Last Updated on by
These stuffed peppers are made for breakfast! Stuffed with sausage, cheese, jalapeno and egg, they can be made ahead of time and are perfect for meal prep. This healthy breakfast is also keto friendly.
Guys….don’t tell anyone…but I think it’s nearly spring!! We’ve been above freezing for 5 days now and had some beautiful sunny days! Hoorah! I can not wait to be able to work while sitting on patios sipping coffee, rather than in my PJs on the sofa! In lieu of spring arriving, I thought I’d give you a nice bright plate of food to help kick start your mornings!
Stuffed Peppers for Breakfast
These loaded stuffed peppers make for a tasty make ahead breakfast or lazy brunch. They have a mild spice to them, thanks to a little jalapeno, and are stuffed full of all your favorite goodies. If your mornings consist of running around like a headless chicken, batch cook some of these bad boys for a no fuss hot breakfast.
How to make stuffed peppers for breakfast
There’s nothing complicated about making these peppers, so no excuse not to get into the kitchen and get these on the go!
Cut the bell peppers in half and scoop out the seeds. Pop the cooked sausage, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes and cheese in the hollowed out peppers, then top up with the egg mixture (not all the way to the top, otherwise they will overflow).
Finish off with a bit more cheese and pop them in a pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes, until the egg is solid.
Stuffed peppers without rice
When we think of stuffed peppers, we usually think of them being filled with seasoned rice, maybe a little ground meat, and served as part of a main course. Delicious yes, but not breakfast material! The pepper halves make for perfect little vessels for all your breakfast favourites.
Can you reheat Breakfast Stuffed Peppers?
Now I won’t lie, these stuffed peppers don’t necessarily constitute a quick breakfast, as they take around 40 minutes to cook, but, make a batch for these, and then you can just pop them in the microwave for 40 seconds to a minute and boom – you have a hot eggy breakfast! I also popped a couple of these in Mr Slow The Cook Down’s lunch box with some salad and they were munched right up!
If you are looking for more make ahead breakfast ideas, be sure to check these recipes out
Overnight Oats by Cookie and Kate
Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole by Sallys Baking Addiction
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large bell peppers (your colour of choice!)
- 1 cooked sausage
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely dliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 ounce Shredded cheddar cheese (divided) (25g)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or heavy cream (80ml)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp chives (optional, to serve) finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºc / 350ºf
- Cut the peppers in half through the stalk and scoop out the seeds and any white pith.
- Divide the cooked sausage, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes and half the cheese between each pepper half.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and a little salt and pepper. Pour this into the pepper halves (not right to the top or they will overflow when cooked).
- Sprinkle the top of each pepper with the remainder of the cheese.
- Put the pepper halves on a baking tray and put in the pre heated oven for 40 minutes until the egg has turned solid.