Bacon and Egg Cups with Avocado are an easy make ahead meal for a grab and go breakfast. Just four ingredients and a little salt and pepper, it doesn't get much easier that! Low carb and keto friendly - if you're into that kind of thing 😉
Yeah yeah, I know, I pretty much cook ALL the time, but this kitchen whizz can not get her shizzle together before at least 11am, meaning that breakfast needs to be easy, quick and hassle free. That's where these bacon and egg cups come in! Make a batch on Sunday and you just need to reheat in the morning, or you can eat them cold if that's your thing!
I've been working super hard on my photography recently, and these little bacon and egg cups were a real challenge to shoot! Trust me, these beauties taste amazing - I had a really hard time trying to capture how tasty they are, but trust me, these are YUMMERS!
How to make Bacon and Egg Cups
These bacon and egg cups couldn't be easier to make, a couple of simple steps and you're there. This recipe makes six cups, but it's easily doubled if you want to do a big batch. The only thing you need is a good muffin tin (the deeper the better), an oven, and a handful of ingredients.
Simply line each mould with bacon, cook until brown, mix the avocado, add that to the bacon, make a little well and top with an egg. EASY PEASY!
Bacon and Egg Cups with added hot sauce!
I don't know about you, but I like a little spice in the morning! There's lots of baked eggs in avocado recipes out there, but none of them allow for much seasoning, other than a little pepper on the top. I wanted mine to pack a punch. A few dashes of hot sauce (Frank's is my go to, but Srirarcha would work well too) and a sprinkle of pepper really brings this dish alive.
Finish off the baked eggs with a sprinkle of black pepper and paprika to bring out the smokey bacon flavours.
Keto friendly recipe
If any of you guys are on a low carb or keto diet, then this is the perfect recipe for you. High in the good fats, no bread, no carbs - you're on to a winner with this one! Personally, I'm not a keto follower, I made these because they taste shamazing!
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes, check out:
Baked Egg Casserole with Sausage
Bacon and Egg Cups with Avocado
- 6 rashers bacon
- 3 small avocados or 2 large
- 3 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- salt and pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 eggs free run
- Pre heat the oven to 220ºc / 430ºf
- Line each muffin mould with bacon - I used a small piece to lay on the bottom of the tin and then a length of bacon to wrap around outer edge.
- Place the bacon in the oven for 10-15minutes until it starts to go crispy.
- Whilst the bacon is cooking, peel and mash the avocados in a bowl. Add the hot sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Remove the bacon from the oven (keep the oven on). Using a teaspoon, add the mashed avocado to the bacon rings. The bacon will have shrunk slightly, but try to fill the centre of the bacon. Make a well using the back of the spoon in the middle of each mould for the egg to sit in.
- Crack an egg into the centre of each muffin mould. Place the tin back n the oven for 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked
- Once the eggs are baked, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly. Run a knife around the edge of each cup and lift out with a spoon.
Will the avocado turn dark if I refrigerate for later? (meal prep)
Slow The Cook Down says
It will darken a little, but because it's protected by the egg, it won't turn brown. Be sure to check out these other egg bite recipes that are also perfect for meal prep for the week, there's lots there! ....https://slowthecookdown.com/the-best-easy-egg-bite-recipes/
I made these last night for dinner and they were fantastic! Very easy to make and delicious.
Slow The Cook Down says
So glad you enjoyed them Charity! Thanks for commenting!