Last Updated on by
Blue Cheese Pizza with Pumpkin is the perfect fall treat! Quick and easy to make, and loaded with tasty and crunchy toppings. This pizza packs a flavour punch!Jump to Recipe
Ok, confession time! I bought a ready made pizza base for this recipe and did not puree my own pumpkin! I do tend to make things from scratch, and absolutely have made my own pizza bases, like this one, before, however, sometimes shortcuts are needed!
The condo we are in at the moment has a tiny kitchen, and the thought of making my own pizza dough and carving up a pumpkin this time round just felt like a little bit of a hassle. BUT, what that does mean, is that this blue cheese pizza is a perfect solution for an easy weeknight meal!
If you do want to make your own pizza dough for this recipe, I highly recommend an amazing post from Marlee at I Just Eat Sandwiches. How To Make Pizza Dough From Scratch takes you through the process step by step so you can make the tastiest pizza crust!
Blue Cheese Pizza Toppings – it’s not just pumpkin!
The balance of flavour on this pumpkin pizza is banging – if I do say so myself! The saltiness of the blue cheese is balanced out by a sweet honey drizzle. The walnuts compliment the earthy pumpkin puree, which has added garlic, and adds texture. I also added roasted Brussels sprout leaves for added crunch and freshness.
This blue cheese pizza is vegetarian, but if you are looking for a meaty pizza, you couldn’t go wrong with adding some prosciutto. I was toying with adding some caramelized onions to the pizza, but I wanted to keep cook time down so you can enjoy this pizza on a weeknight. It can be really tempting to go overboard on pizza toppings, but sometime simplicity is key!
How to make Blue Cheese Pizza with Pumpkin
If you are like me, and using a store bought pizza base, this recipe couldn’t be easier. Roast the garlic and Brussels leaves first, and then just layer up your base with all the toppings and bag it in the oven. EASY PEASY!
Do any of you guys have a Yummly account?? It’s a super easy way to save all of your favourite recipes from the web in one place. I’ve been using it for years and you can see my recipe box here. When you see a recipe you like, just click the Yum button (link is at the top at bottom of my page along with the rest of my sharing buttons) and it will automatically save it for you for when you are ready to make it!
Blue Cheese Pizza with Pumpkin
- 6 large sprouts
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pizza base
- 10 fl oz canned pumpkin puree 300 ml
- 4.5 oz blue cheese 125g
- 1/4 cup walnut halves 30g
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc / 350ºf
- Peal the large outer leaves off of the sprouts an place in a small bowl, add the oil with a little salt and pepper and mix the leaves well. Add to a baking tray, along with the cloves of garlic (leave the skin on the garlic) and place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, the leaves will be crispy - remove form the oven and put the garlic back in for another 10 minutes until the cloves have softened.
- Once the garlic is softened, let the cloves cool slightly, then squeeze the garlic out of the skins into the pumpkin puree, add a little salt and pepper and mix well.
- Turn the oven up to 220ºc / 430ºf
- Spread the pumpkin puree over the pizza base, crumble over the blue cheese and then the walnuts. Top with the roasted sprout leaves and then drizzle with the honey.
- Bake for around 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is brown.