When it comes to healthy make ahead breakfasts, egg bites are a great option! Simple to make, high in protein and low in carbs, these easy egg bite recipes will give you the energy to face the day ahead!
If you are like me, and breakfast is often forgotten about, then it's time to get on the egg bite wagon!
These easy egg bite recipes are all super tasty and with lots of different fillings to enjoy. Cook up a big batch in a muffin pan in your oven, or use your trusty Instant Pot, either way, they will be delicious!
Why make egg bites?
- Make ahead
- Freezer friendly
- Super quick and easy to make
- Low carb
- High protein
- Easy to adapt to your tastes and dietary needs
- Easy to reheat
Depending on whether you are making your egg bites in the oven or in the Instant Pot, the equipment you will need will vary. If baking in the oven, you can use either a greased muffin tin or some silicon molds, which work really well.
Instant Pot egg bites tend to be fluffier and lighter, and have that sous vide texture that you get from Starbucks.
Either way you choose to make them, these are my top picks for the kit you need.
Egg muffins, of course, are perfect for breakfast, but you can easily serve them for lunch or brunch alongside a fresh salad or steamed veggies. Serve them as part of an easy weeknight dinner with your favorite veggie and potato sides.
How to Store
Let the egg bites cool before placing in an airtight contianer. They will keep well for up to 4 to 5 days in the fridge. Cook a batch on Sunday night and enjoy them throughout the week.
Wrap the egg bites individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. They will keep well in the fridge for around 2 months.
How to Reheat
You can reheat the egg bites in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in the oven at 350F until heated through. If reheating in the oven, cover them with foil so that the tops don't burn.
Thaw the egg bites in the fridge before reheating as above. You can also reheat them from frozen in the microwave for 60 seconds.
Tips to make the best egg bites
- If using a muffin tin, be sure to grease it really well with oil before placing in the egg mix. Don't use an old muffin tin that doesn't have a smooth surface as the eggs will be more likely to stick.
- Don’t fill the muffin molds all the way to the top. The eggs will expand as they bake, so leave them a a bit of room. Place a baking sheet under the muffin tin to catch any overflow.
- Cool the egg bites fully before storing. Let them cool on a cooling rack where air can circulate all round them.
- Get creative! It's so easy to adapt your egg muffins to your tastes and dietary needs. Mix up your veggies and seasonings as you see fit!
Oven Baked Egg Bite Recipes
Instant Pot Egg Bite Recipes
More Breakfast Recipes
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
- Spicy Beef Shakshuka
- Breakfast Sausage Egg Bake
- Peach Pancakes
- Stuffed Chocolate French Toast
I love hearing from you!! If you have tried any of these easy egg bite recipes, be sure to scroll down, give them a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Be sure to keep in touch and sign up to Slow The Cook Down to grab your free e-book ‘Stress Free Recipes Made For Sharing’