Last Updated on by
Bored of boring pizza bases? Sure you are! This naan bread pizza is a great way to mix up your weeknight dinner game with minimal effort, and even better, there’s a video to go with this recipe so you can really see how easy it is to make!Jump to Recipe
This is one of my favourite recipes to rech for when I’m short on time and don’t want to put too much effort into dinner! Perfect for when you want pizza, but don’t want to faff around making your own crust! Super easy to put together with flavourful ingredients that will leave you wanting more!
How to make naan bread pizza
Making pizza with a naan bread crust couldn’t be easier, simply prepare the toppings, layer everything on the bread and pop in the oven for 15 minutes. It’s a great way to experiment with tonnes of different toppings and they are the perfect size if you are cooking for yourself.
Naan Bread Pizza Toppings
Seen as I was going with naan bread for my pizza base, I decided to run with Indian flavours for the topping. Being a lover of the great British Indian takeaway, Chicken Tandoori felt like the perfect addition! The chicken is marinated in yogurt and spices, to really get those beautiful flavours into every bite. Personally, I prefer a bit of bite on my pizza, so added raw sliced pepper and red onion before popping it in the oven. If you don’t want the crunch, you can sauté these before adding them.
Naan Bread vs Pizza Dough
Naan bread is a great alternative to your standard dough pizza bases, they come out of the oven crispy and golden and are the perfect vehicle for all of those gorgeous toppings. Get a pack of four naan and you can serve individual pizzas with different varieties of toppings.
This pizza is a great alternative to your usual takeaway, and I encourage you to experiment with more flavour combinations. Why not check out my White Pizza with Pancetta, Cambozola and Pear or Blue Cheese Pizza with Pumpkin for more inspiration!
Chicken Tandoori Naan Bread Pizza
To make the Tandoori Chicken and sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 10 ounces plain yogurt (300 ml)
- 2 cm fresh ginger finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1/2 tspn red chilli
- 1/4 tspn tumeric
- 17 ounces passata (500ml)
To build the pizza
- 2 plain naan breads
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 red pepper finely sliced
- grated mozerella
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger, garlic and spices. Add in the chicken and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour
- Pre heat the oven to 180ºc
- When ready, spread the chicken on a baking sheet and cook for around 30mins until the tandoori chicken has browned. Place to one side and keep the oven on.
- Bring the passata to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the chicken and stir well. Take off the heat
- Place two naan breads on a baking sheet, and spoon over the passata and tandoori sauce and spread over the naans, leaving a space at the edges. Then, equally spoon the chicken over. Add the sliced onions and red pepper and sprinkle over some mozzarella
- Place the naan bread pizzas into the oven for around 15minutes until crisp and golden brown. Serve with some fresh coriander.