Last Updated on by
This Christmas Tree Cheese Ball is an easy and fun recipe – perfect for a holiday appetizer or a finger food for a Christmas party. A simple cheese mix is covered in pistachios and cranberries and can be made ahead of time for easy entertaining.Jump to Recipe
Hands up who is ready for Christmas?! I’ll be honest, there has been zero preparation in our house, but it’s just going to be the two of us this year and two weeks off will mainly consist of staying in PJs, playing video games and eating and drinking without worry….PERFECT!
I thought I’d get into the festive spirit with this Christmas Tree Cheese Ball. Super easy and fun to make and a perfect centre piece for fuss free entertaining.
How To Make a Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
The beauty of this Christmas Tree Cheese Ball is that it’s super freakin’ easy to make, and it can also be made ahead of time so you’re not slaving in the kitchen and ignoring your guests. Simply mix the cheeses and seasonings together, place on clingfilm and mould with your hands to form a Christmas Tree shape. Leave it in the fridge to chill for about an hour, then press in the pistachio bits and dried cranberries. Easy peasy!
Use This Cream Cheese Christmas Tree Appetizer As Part of a Festive Cheeseboard
While my Christmas Tree Cheese Ball is impressive by itself, if you have a tonne of guests you could use this as a centrepiece for a larger cheese board or charcuterie board. Add a mixture of blue and hard cheeses, cured meat, dried fruit and nuts and you will have yourself a banging platter!
Make Ahead Holiday Appetizer
Once you have made the Christmas Tree Cheese Ball, you can keep it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours, giving you plenty of time to get party ready.
Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
- 24 oz Philadelphia (680g)
- 7 oz shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar) (200oz)
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2.8 oz shelled pistachios (80g)
- handful of dried cranberries
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, pepper and garlic powder.
- Lay some clingfilm flat on a work surface, and then lay another piece across the top to form an '+' shape.
- Place the cheese mixture in the centre of the clingfilm, and bring the clingfilm up to cover the cheese. Using your hands, for the cheese into a Christmas tree shape. Put in the fridge for at least 60 minutes to chill.
- While the cheese is chilling, put the pistachios in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to break them up. You don't want to create crumbs, rather just break them into smaller pieces.
- When ready, take the cheese out of the fridge and unwrap the cling film. Press the pistachio pieces into the tree to cover the surface. Then, press in the dried cranberries randomly around.
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a board and put the Christmas tree on top. Cut a star out of a piece of cheddar and place on top. Serve with crackers.