Last Updated on by
These mini baked pork meatballs make for a delicious and easy make ahead appetizer. Pineapple is combined with ground pork and smothered in buffalo sauce for a sweet and spicy canapé that will impress your guests.Jump to Recipe
Ok, ok, I know I posted a meatball recipe not too long ago, but hey, you can’t have enough meatball recipes!! In truth, when I was buying the ingredients for my Lamb Meatballs, I accidentally grabbed ground pork instead of ground lamb…! Not only did it mean I had to make a quick run to grab some lamb, but I was left with ground pork that I had to transform in to something wonderful!
Luckily for you (and me!) this last minute recipe for mini pork meatballs turned out amazingly well, even if I do say so myself 🙂
How to cook Mini Baked Pork Meatballs
Just like my last meatball recipe, these bad boys couldn’t be easier to make with just four ingredients. Simply mix the ground pork, pineapple, breadcrumbs and seasoning roll into small balls and pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes or until you are ready to cook them. When you are ready to cook, pop them on a baking tray, stick cocktail sticks in them and drizzle with buffalo sauce. EASY PEASY!
Baked Pork Meatballs are packed full of flavour
I am a sucker for buffalo sauce, tangy with a little kick of heat – it’s so addictive! I didn’t want to make these meatballs too overpowering though, so opted to drizzle the sauce over the top of the meatballs rather than mix it into the meatballs themselves. The pineapple that is mixed in with the ground pork gives the mini meatballs a subtle sweetness that balances super well with the buffalo sauce.
Serve these up with with a blue cheese dip to cool the heat, or with more buffalo sauce if you like it hot!
Make ahead mini meatballs are perfect for easy entertaining
These pork meatballs are perfect canapés or appetisers if you are entertaining a crowd. Once you have made the mixture and rolled the balls, you can keep them in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours, so once your guests arrive you just have to pop them in the oven to bake. These meatballs are also delicious cold, so you can cook them ahead of time for hassle free hostessing.
Baked Pork Meatballs with Pineapple and Buffalo Sauce
- 17.5 oz ground pork 500g
- 6 tbsp canned crushed pineapple
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- buffalo sauce
- Place the ground pork, pineapple and breadcrumbs in to a large bowl. Add a few good pinches of salt and pepper and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are incorporated
- Take pieces of the mixture and roll gently into golf sized balls. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until you are ready to cook them.
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºc / 390f
- When ready to cook, place the meatballs on a baking tray and drizzle over buffalo sauce - as much or as little as you like. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the meatballs have browned and are cooked through.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing or more buffalo sauce. Enjoy straight away or eat cold