Last Updated on by
These mini baked pork meatballs make for a delicious and easy make ahead appetizer. Pineapple is combined with ground pork and smothered in buffalo sauce for a sweet and spicy low carb canapé that will impress your guests. They only take 30 minutes to make with just four ingredients!
Ok, ok, I know I posted a meatball recipe not too long ago, but hey, you can’t have enough meatball recipes!! In truth, when I was buying the ingredients for my Lamb Meatballs, I accidentally grabbed ground pork instead of ground lamb…! Not only did it mean I had to make a quick run to grab some lamb, but I was left with ground pork that I had to transform in to something wonderful!
Luckily for you (and me!) this last minute recipe for mini pork meatballs turned out amazingly well, even if I do say so myself 🙂
What You Will Need To Make Baked Pork Meatballs:
Just like my last meatball recipe, these bad boys couldn’t be easier to make with just four ingredients.
- Ground pork
- Canned, crushed pineapple
- Buffalo Sauce – Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is my absolute go to!
How to cook Mini Baked Pork Meatballs
These meatballs shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to prep!
Simply mix the ground pork, pineapple, breadcrumbs and seasoning roll into small balls and pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes or until you are ready to cook them. (photo 1)
When you are ready to cook, pop them on a baking tray and drizzle with buffalo sauce (photo 2). EASY PEASY!
How to serve these baked pork meatballs
Serve these up with with a blue cheese dip to cool the heat, or with more buffalo sauce if you like it hot! They are perfect finger food canapés to serve to guests.
Baked Pork Meatballs are packed full of flavour
I am a sucker for buffalo sauce, tangy with a little kick of heat – it’s so addictive! I didn’t want to make these meatballs too overpowering though, so opted to drizzle the sauce over the top of the meatballs rather than mix it into the meatballs themselves. The pineapple that is mixed in with the ground pork gives the mini meatballs a subtle sweetness that balances super well with the buffalo sauce.
Make ahead mini meatballs are perfect for easy entertaining
These pork meatballs are perfect canapés or appetisers if you are entertaining a crowd. Once you have made the mixture and rolled the balls, you can keep them in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours, so once your guests arrive you just have to pop them in the oven to bake. These meatballs are also delicious cold, so you can cook them ahead of time for hassle free hostessing.
Top Tips to Make Baked Pork Meatballs with Buffalo Sauce and Pineapple
- Let the meatballs sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before cooking them – up to 4 hours.
- Cook the meatballs in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- The meatballs can be eaten cold, or reheated in a warm oven.
If you are after more appetizer recipes, check out:
I love hearing from you!! If you have tried this yummy recipe, be sure to scroll down, give it a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Baked Pork Meatballs with Pineapple and Buffalo Sauce
- Place the ground pork, pineapple and breadcrumbs in to a large bowl. Add a few good pinches of salt and pepper and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are incorporated
- Take pieces of the mixture and roll gently into golf sized balls. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until you are ready to cook them.
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºc / 390f
- When ready to cook, place the meatballs on a baking tray and drizzle over buffalo sauce - as much or as little as you like. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the meatballs have browned and are cooked through.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing or more buffalo sauce. Enjoy straight away or eat cold