Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by Slow The Cook Down
Breakfast just got a whole lot tastier with these delicious baked pizza egg bites! Topped with pepperoni and mozzarella, these egg muffins are seasoned with tomato and Italian herbs for a great low carb bite. They only take 5 minutes to prep and they are great for a make ahead breakfast.
Egg muffins are one of my favorite things for breakfast. It’s super quick and easy to make a batch to enjoy for grab and go breakfasts throughout the week.
These baked pizza egg bites are so delicious guys! I honestly can’t wait for you to try them! They have all the flavor of pizza but without the carbs! These are great if you are following a keto lifestyle. They are also gluten-free and low in calories, as well as having a good amount of protein. So munch away!
- Eggs: Use fresh eggs and free run / organic if you can.
- Heavy cream: A little cream helps to make the eggs rich and thick.
- Salt and pepper: For seasoning.
- Italian seasoning: For a nice herby flavor, just like in your favorite pizza sauce.
- Tomato paste: For a subtle tomato flavor to get that pizza experience.
- Mozzarella cheese: Adds a great texture. You can use cheddar or jack if you prefer.
- Pepperoni: The perfect topping for a pizza egg bite!
How to make baked pizza egg bites
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the egg mix in a jug (photo 1).
- Pour the mix into a muffin tin. Top with cheese and a pepperoni slice (photo 2).
- Bake until cooked through.
These baked pizza egg bites are pretty delicious as they are, but you can easily make some changes to suit your tastes.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use milk instead.
- Make them vegetarian by leaving off the pepperoni slices, they’ll still be really tasty!
- Try adding in some chopped black olives to the egg mixture.
- Feel free to add more cheese to the top, there’s not a thing as too much cheese!
Frequently Asked Questions
The baked pizza egg bites will keep well in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
The quickest way to reheat the egg bites is in the microwave. They just need about 30 seconds and you are good to go. You can also reheat the in the oven.
Yes! These egg bites freeze really well and will keep for 2 months. Wrap the cooled egg bites in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or container. You can reheat them right from frozen in a microwave for about 60 seconds.
You can enjoy these egg bites hot or cold. Each muffin has around 160 calories, so a couple of these by themselves is perfect for breakfast. They are also great for brunch or a light lunch, paired with a fresh salad or serve them as part of a main with some oven baked fries.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Don’t fill the muffin molds all the way to the top. The eggs will expand when they bake, so leave some room for them to puff up. You may want to place a baking sheet under the muffin tin to catch any overflow.
- Grease the muffin tin before adding the egg mixture so that your pizza egg bites are easy to remove.
- Once cooked, let the baked pizza egg bites sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Then turn them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
- I used a deep 6 mold muffin tin for these egg bites. The recipe is easily doubled and tripled if you want to freeze some.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- Breakfast Sausage Egg Bake Casserole
- Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- Coffee Smoothie with Banana and Oats
- Breakfast Berry Oat Smoothie with Coconut Milk
I love hearing from you!! If you have tried these baked pizza egg muffin bites, be sure to scroll down, give them a star rating and let me know what you thought!
Be sure to keep in touch and sign up to Slow The Cook Down to grab your free e-book ‘Stress Free Recipes Made For Sharing’
Baked Pizza Egg Bites
- Preheat the oven to 360f / 180c. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg, cream, seasonings and tomato paste.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cups, leaving a little room for them to rise.
- Sprinkle over a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of each muffin and add a slice of pepperoni to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.